Are you ready to take a leap and start a new chapter in your life? If the answer is yes, then moving to Oxford might be just what you need. This charming city is filled with history, culture, and world-renowned universities that attract people from all corners of the globe.
As one of the most reputable removals firm in Oxford, we have helped many families start their lives in the beautiful “City of Dreaming Spires”. From students moving to start university, to new job opportunities and academic careers, Headington Carriers have everything you need to move your lives and belongings to your new home.
But before you pack your bags and hit the road, make sure to read our guide on everything you need to know about moving to Oxford. From finding accommodation to navigating public transportation, we’ve got you covered every step of the way. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive into this exciting journey together!
Why move to Oxford?
If you’re looking for a new place to call home, Oxford is a great option. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. The city is steeped in history – from its world-famous university to its medieval buildings and architecture, there’s plenty to explore in Oxford.
2. It’s a great place for families – with excellent schools, parks, and leisure facilities, Oxford has something for everyone.
3. The city has a thriving economy – with major employers such as the University of Oxford and BMW Group UK headquarters based here, there are plenty of job opportunities in Oxford.
4. And last but not least, Oxford is simply a beautiful city – from its picturesque streets to its green open spaces, it’s easy to see why so many people fall in love with this city every year.
The best areas to live in Oxford
There are a number of great areas to live in Oxford, each with its own unique charm. Central Oxford is a great choice for those who want to be in the heart of the action, with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars to enjoy. The University area is also a popular choice for students and young professionals, as it offers easy access to all of the university’s facilities.
If you’re looking for a more peaceful setting, the suburbs of Headington and Marston are both lovely residential areas with quick access to the city centre. There are also plenty of villages in the surrounding areas that offer a more rural lifestyle while also providing all the convenience of living close to a major city.
Finding a place to live in Oxford
If you’re planning on moving to Oxford, one of the first things you’ll need to do is find a place to live. While it may seem daunting at first, there are actually a number of different options available to you depending on your budget and preferences.
One option is to rent an apartment or house in one of the many neighbourhoods throughout Oxford. Whether you’re looking for a quiet area to raise a family or a lively area with nightlife and restaurants, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs. Some of the most reputable estate agents within the city can offer a wide variety when it comes to property types and budgets, such as Breckon & Breckon, Chancellors, Penny & Sinclair.
If you have the means, you could also purchase a property in Oxford. This would give you the added benefit of being able to sell it later on down the road if you decide to move elsewhere. No matter what option you choose, be sure to do your research ahead of time so that you can find the perfect place to call home in Oxford. When you have arranged appropriate accommodation for you and your family then having a professional Oxford removals firm to help you with the logistics of moving can be a big stress reliever. If you would like to talk to someone about your move to Oxford then please get in touch with us today.
Things to do in Oxford
There are plenty of things to do in Oxford whether you are a student, a professional or a family. The city has a rich history and there is plenty to see and do. Here are our top things to do in Oxford:
- Visit the University of Oxford – one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world. Take a walking tour of the university grounds and buildings, and don’t forget to visit the world-famous Bodleian Library.
- Explore the colleges – each college has its own unique atmosphere, architecture and traditions. Many of the colleges offer tours for visitors.
- Go punting on the River Cherwell – a quintessential Oxford experience! You can hire a punt from one of the many boathouses along the river.
- Visit Christ Church College – made famous by its appearances in Harry Potter movies, Christ Church is one of the largest colleges at the University of Oxford. Don’t miss seeing the beautiful cathedral, which dates back to 1546.
- Visit Westgate – A modern shopping centre with a wide variety of shops to keep you busy.
- Visit the Ashmolean Museum – with a wide collection of antiquities and art, the Ashmolean Museum is a great place to spend a few hours in the middle of the city.
- Take a stroll around Port Meadow – this lovely meadowland is located just outside of Oxford city centre and is perfect for a peaceful walk or picnic on a summer’s day.
- Climb up Carfax Tower – for stunning views over Oxford, climb to the top of Carfax Tower, located in the heart of the city centre.
Moving to Oxford is an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you are looking for a job, education opportunities or just a change of scenery, this city has something for everyone. With our guide to moving to Oxford, we hope that you can transition smoothly into the new area and start enjoying all that it has to offer! Get a FREE quote for your Oxford move here.